On Friday 22 April 2022, in recognition of Stephen Lawrence Day, I was invited to give a talk on the police complaints system to students at Arden University.
The lecture has now been uploaded to YouTube and covers the following topics:
- Introduction – Why policing oversight matters
- The police complaints system: 1970s onwards
- The murder of Stephen Lawrence on 22 April 1993
- The work of modern policing oversight bodies
- Examples of real investigations (sensitive content)
- Corruption within the system